The legal process of transferring of property upon a person’s death is known as “probate.” Although probate customs and laws have changed over time, the purpose has remained much the same: people formalize their intentions as to the transfer of their property at the time of their death, their property is collected, certain debts are paid from the estate, and the property is distributed.
At the Law Office of Thomas Baynton PLLC, I practice probate, estate planning, wills and trusts law throughout West Michigan. My fees are reasonable. Some of the typical documents we prepare to meet our clients’ needs are Revocable and Irrevocable Trusts, Wills, Durable Powers of Attorney for Assets, Medical Powers of Attorney and other probate, estate planning and wills and trusts related documents.
Why Do Michigan Clients Need Estate Planning Legal Help?
Hiring a knowledgeable estate planning attorney is beneficial because it allows you to:
- Create a living wills trust
- Reduce taxes for your heirs
- Choose durable powers of attorney
- Take charge of health care directives
- Avoid probate court and inheritance tax
- Choose a guardianship or conservatorship
- Make medical decisions while you are still healthy
To schedule a free initial consultation to learn more, call us at (616) 456-6100.